Why Teens Need Us
Request a Presentation
Understanding Dating Abuse
Who Is At Risk
Am I at Risk?
Is My Friend a Victim?
Is My Teen in Danger?
Abuse, Power, and Control:
The Power & Control Wheel
The Cycle of Abuse
Escaping Bad Relationships
Getting Yourself Out
Assisting a Friend
Helping Your Teen
AM I IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP?
Does your partner...
- Have a short temper?
- Act very jealous?
- Exaggerate fights?
- Tell or suggest what you should wear?
- Try to limit who you talk to?
- Make you tell him/her where you are going and who you are with?
- Tell you when you have to be home?
- Put you down?
- Take up most of your time?
- Hurt you physically or throw things at you?
- Get angry when you disagree with them?
- Pressure you to engage in sexual activity that you feel uncomfortable with?
- Make you feel like you can't say no to sexual activity?
- Embarrass you in front of others?
If you answered yes to three or more of these questions you might want to consider talking to someone you trust about your relationship. If you feel you are in danger please check out our Resource page or call the National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline at 1-866-331-9474.